Monday, May 30, 2011

Fairbanks Scale at Loveland Feed & Grain | Ruth Soller - Blog

Fairbanks Scale at Loveland Feed & Grain Ruth Soller - Blog

This antique Fairbanks Scale at the 1891 Loveland Feed & Grain Mill caught my attention as it reminded me of the ornate old equipment and implements I had seen at my grandfather's general store in Cornerville, Arkansas as a child. Notice how elegantly designed and engineered is this utilitarian scale used for weighing sacks of grains and animal feeds. Features include fluted Doric columns with base, a shiny brass beam arm with poise and the large gold lettering across the mantle. Numerous examples of a variety of scales collected dust on the main floor of the retired grainery.


For the full story of Granddaddy's Store please sign up for my free monthly e-newsletter here http://ruthsoller.fineartstudioonline.com/email-newsletter .

No comments:

Post a Comment